Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Clippers vs Celtics

Who you got winning tonight?
Clippers in a close game
Clippers in a blowout
Celtics in who cares a loss is a loss

Fuck you, Scott Foster.  

Shamet to force 2nd overtime!

wtf is going on??? why would Kawhi shoot that 3? Why would Landry drive on 3 Celtics all by himself? Come on Clippers. Think smart (not Marcus smart).

Tatum>Kawhi tonight 

Hello nasty!

well that sucks, Gordon was absent all game now has 3 big plays in a row.

really? with 3.6 seconds on the shot clock then you foul? bad coaching down the stretch, horrible execution. Great effort though down 2 guys and Kawhi being absent the 2nd half and overtime so can't be upset at that. 

The finishing 5 all had 40+ minutes this game, and Zu and 14. WTF Doc? Plus we lost our first game when winning the rebounding battle. Doh.

Glad the AS break is here. Hopefully everybody can stop calling us the favorites to win it all and we can go back to Clippers basketball. We're still in 3rd, we've got a lot more basketball to play, and Coffey was awesome tonight and hopefully is the replacement to McGruder that we need. See y'all in a week (going to be so boring with no Clippers games for 9 days).

This was a good game overall.  Super entertaining and tight score pretty much the entire time.  A few lucky bounces here and there, Kawhi not disappearing in the 4th and OT, Scott Foster not screwing us over, this game probably goes the Clippers' way.  Sucks to lose, but at least the team has basically a week to practice together and get healthy.  Seriously though, guys need to actually get to 100% before coming back.  There's no point in PG13 or Bev being out there if they can only play at 50% capacity, because allocating those minutes to a 100% healthy MM and/or Shamet is better than PG13 trying to play on 1 hamstring or Bev trying to play through a tweaked groin.

my god clips nation has become a wasteland. 

Quote from KingAlfonse on February 13, 2020, 10:53 pm

EDIT: I just took a gander at the gamethread over there.  Holy hell, you weren't kidding.  Ultra negative dudes + troll/bot/Vox paid commenter everywhere.

That 2d OT was tough to watch but really liked MM and Shams clutch shots to get us there in the first place.  The saving grace of losing PG13 are both those guys blossoming.  PG13 needs to take as much time as he can to help us in the POs, but it would be great to get Bev back after the break.  Recall CP3s hamstring problems well.  Lost him in the POs but he's back at a high level now, so not a death knell injury.  Better a hamstring than ACL.  

KL was pretty bad late, especially with his decision making (e.g. taking quick ill advised 3s).  Lou was far from washed and he was the single reason we stayed close at all.  PG13s absence seemed to unleash Lou.  

This would have been a great win and that bad ref call waiving off Lou's 3 (would have been a 4 pt play at Staples) would have won us this one.  

Quote from KingAlfonse on February 13, 2020, 10:53 pm

As it should be

Hey, for those of you who posted in here during the game last night, how did it go for you?

I mean it was pretty much just me until the end. It was ok for a game i guess cause you never really have conversations going on about a topic, but the having to refresh every time instead of new comments just appearing (when others did finally join) was a bit annoying. I like the thumbs up and thumbs down part, i get the "quote" thing you need to do to reply to a specific comment that may have been passed up. It's much better in the forum than in the game coverage section because at least you have an order of when things were commented. I think we need more than 2 people during the game to judge it better, but it was ok, not great, definitely room for improvement. BUT, a million times better than the shit show that is clips nation now because of shep and his new BFF crzbwnk.

Quote from ChrisD on February 14, 2020, 2:23 pm

I mean it was pretty much just me until the end. It was ok for a game i guess cause you never really have conversations going on about a topic, but the having to refresh every time instead of new comments just appearing (when others did finally join) was a bit annoying. I like the thumbs up and thumbs down part, i get the "quote" thing you need to do to reply to a specific comment that may have been passed up. It's much better in the forum than in the game coverage section because at least you have an order of when things were commented. I think we need more than 2 people during the game to judge it better, but it was ok, not great, definitely room for improvement. BUT, a million times better than the shit show that is clips nation now because of shep and his new BFF crzbwnk.

I popped in and out of the thread during the game, but I think it'll pick up considerably once people actually fully wean themselves off of CN...which is gonna be a lot easier now that the comments over there are a cesspool and the site is soon gonna be run by a bunch of robots.

Quote from Lucas Hann on February 14, 2020, 1:33 pm

Hey, for those of you who posted in here during the game last night, how did it go for you?

I think the forum works well - it's not quite at the level of convenience/prettiness of the CN setup (I find the "quote" thing a little odd), but it'll get there eventually.  Thanks for the hard work y'all are putting into this site.

Scott Foster is the new Steve Javie. That's not a compliment.

I miss being able to respond directly to a comment.  Here you have to scroll down to see a reply and refresh.  It will game steam but missing the old interface.

Quote from ChrisD on February 14, 2020, 2:23 pm

Shhh, everybody be quiet so shep doesn’t figure out where we all went ...