Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Clippers at Suns gamethread

Which Suns' player is gonna be the biggest problem for the Clippers?
Devin Booker
Kelly Oubre
Deandre Ayton
Other

even though it was a bad game

I'll give Doc credit tonight - he actually put Zu and the rest of the starters back in the game in the 4th after Trez and most of the bench floundered.  It took them a little while to get back into rhythm, but it sealed the win.

Hes getting smarter 🙂

If we still had Harkless and JRob instead of Reggie and Mook we would have lost that game. Great moves by the FO to fill in the missing pieces. Need to stay healthy and build some momentum into the playoffs.

PS. I love it that McGruder is getting zero minutes. Might be the best thing about having the team fully healthy.

Because Doc wouldve given Jerome 20 minutes getting a result of 4 points. Harkless maybe 9-10 but rj and marcus brought stuff a lot better

I used to be hyped about mcgruder

Quote from CLIPSCITY on February 26, 2020, 8:31 pm

Because Doc wouldve given Jerome 20 minutes getting a result of 4 points. Harkless maybe 9-10 but rj and marcus brought stuff a lot better

30 points from Mook and Reggie. That’s HUGE!

Quote from CLIPSCITY on February 26, 2020, 8:32 pm

He is such trash. That’s a really bad contract paying him 4 mill a year. He’s not even worth the minimum.

OHHHHH MORRIS GOT 18? JACKSON WITH 12 WOW

GIVE A LIKE IF YOU WANT TO WAIVE MCGRUDER

Hopefully we have a buyout in the works for another big. Only have four days left until that deadline. We'll be glad we have Trez if we see Houston in the playoffs but we will be profoundly vulnerable against the rest of the field. Trez will also be invaluable next season once the Warriors are back in the picture. There were a few moments in last years playoff series where Draymond was visibly scared of him. But we need another big NOW. 

Quote from chogokin on February 26, 2020, 7:43 pm

I hate to keep piling on like this, but seriously, Trez has been a hot pile of garbage tonight - no defense, no rebounding, and a bunch of careless TOs on offense.  It's amazing the Clips are up by 10 considering how lacking the bench has been tonight.

Trez just stands in front of onrushing opponents without so much as raising his arms. They come up to him and shoot over him like he's a damn statue. What the hell is that? 

I like Trezz.  He is tough and gritty.  Gets you a basket when you really need it.  Brings a rush of energy.  He is just a bit undersized.  

I don't want to see McGruder waived. He still has an entire season beyond this. I'd rather see his contract paired with a second, or depending on the return, either Mann or Mifiundu this coming summer for someone functional who won't be a negative in '21

Quote from Leon Hazany on February 26, 2020, 9:17 pm

I like Trezz.  He is tough and gritty.  Gets you a basket when you really need it.  Brings a rush of energy.  He is just a bit undersized.  

I like Trez too.  Normally.  But tonight he was very clearly out of it - whether that was because of the matchup (Atyon and Baynes are way bigger than him) or if it was just an off-night (preferable to the former) isn't really important.  My issue is that Doc tends to ride him for long stretches regardless of the matchup and regardless of whether he's actually playing well or not - but tonight Doc did the right thing and put Zu and the rest of the starters back in before things got out of hand.

Quote from chogokin on February 26, 2020, 11:59 pm
Quote from Leon Hazany on February 26, 2020, 9:17 pm

I like Trez too.  Normally.  But tonight he was very clearly out of it - whether that was because of the matchup (Atyon and Baynes are way bigger than him) or if it was just an off-night (preferable to the former) isn't really important.  My issue is that Doc tends to ride him for long stretches regardless of the matchup and regardless of whether he's actually playing well or not - but tonight Doc did the right thing and put Zu and the rest of the starters back in before things got out of hand.

Yeah trez is at his best as high energy off the bench limited minutes. Using him as a de facto starter is absurd. 

Quote from wwshep on February 26, 2020, 8:33 pm

He is such trash. That’s a really bad contract paying him 4 mill a year. He’s not even worth the minimum.

He’s getting 4 mil a year?!

Quote from World B. We on February 26, 2020, 9:18 pm

I don't want to see McGruder waived. He still has an entire season beyond this. I'd rather see his contract paired with a second, or depending on the return, either Mann or Mifiundu this coming summer for someone functional who won't be a negative in '21

My bad I meant McGruder off the team. He is basically useless as we have a good roster.

Quote from KingAlfonse on February 27, 2020, 8:20 am
Quote from wwshep on February 26, 2020, 8:33 pm

He’s getting 4 mil a year?!

Yeah thats why i was like wow we could use the 4 mil on montrez or MM this summer

Quote from John Maclean on February 26, 2020, 9:04 pm

Hopefully we have a buyout in the works for another big. Only have four days left until that deadline. We'll be glad we have Trez if we see Houston in the playoffs but we will be profoundly vulnerable against the rest of the field. Trez will also be invaluable next season once the Warriors are back in the picture. There were a few moments in last years playoff series where Draymond was visibly scared of him. But we need another big NOW. 

Is Tristian Thompson going to get buyout?