Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Clippers at Suns gamethread

Which Suns' player is gonna be the biggest problem for the Clippers?
Devin Booker
Kelly Oubre
Deandre Ayton
Other

The Suns are a spunky team (they beat Utah recently), but if PBev and PG13 are actually healthy, we should expect the Clips to win this game too.  Ayton kind of worries me, but not because I think he'd give Zu problems, but because I think he could give Trez problems defensively...and we all know how Doc loves to stick with Trez for extremely long stretches. 

Anyways, discussion time!

Kelly Oubre is injured and not playing so he definitely won't be giving the Clippers any problems unless he is yelling at them from the bench in street clothes lol

chogokin has reacted to this post.
chogokin

Hopefully Clips can win this one comfortably and keep Pat Beverly and Paul George around 20 minutes like they both were against the Grizzlies on Monday night. Gotta keep those two healthy because those lingering muscle injuries are always tricky!

lying dog-faced pony soldier has reacted to this post.
lying dog-faced pony soldier
Quote from KMarsh86 on February 26, 2020, 4:39 pm

Kelly Oubre is injured and not playing so he definitely won't be giving the Clippers any problems unless he is yelling at them from the bench in street clothes lol

Hey, yelling at our guys from the bench might be a viable threat if Jerome were still here.

KMarsh86 and xfactor26 have reacted to this post.
KMarsh86xfactor26

Ricky Rubio is doing a good job penetrating our defense. Slow him down and we’ll do well. 

PG13 a no show again offensively. When is he gonna wake up offensively and stop impersonating JRob???

well this is not the start we had against the Grizzlies. I'm not worried, I guess PG13 has some more rust to wear off. Let's go Clips!

chogokin, lying dog-faced pony soldier and Oodypkt have reacted to this post.
chogokinlying dog-faced pony soldierOodypkt
Quote from ChrisD on February 26, 2020, 6:28 pm

well this is not the start we had against the Grizzlies. I'm not worried, I guess PG13 has some more rust to wear off. Let's go Clips!

Rust... how long are we gonna continue to make excuses for this guy??? He’s killing us with his offensive disappearing act.

Alephnaught, KMarsh86 and lying dog-faced pony soldier have reacted to this post.
AlephnaughtKMarsh86lying dog-faced pony soldier

Trez is playing horribly so far tonight

Quote from chogokin on February 26, 2020, 6:40 pm

Trez is playing horribly so far tonight

Yep. It’s like he’s sleepwalking through the game. Low energy.

Ye of lil faith... we’ll pull it together. We’re not going to start hot every time. PG just needs to work his way back to consistency, Health 1st the shot will come.

wwshep, chogokin and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
wwshepchogokinKMarsh86ChrisDOodypkt

Zubac= 4 minutes/ Trezz= 12 minutes so far...

How is this possible when we are playing against a team with 2 true size centers!? Ridiculous!

Ayton= 6'11" 250 lbs/ Baynes 6'10" 260 lbs

chogokin and lying dog-faced pony soldier have reacted to this post.
chogokinlying dog-faced pony soldier

PG13's shot looking better 

Clipporvida, wwshep and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Clipporvidawwsheplying dog-faced pony soldierOodypkt
Quote from wwshep on February 26, 2020, 6:30 pm
Quote from ChrisD on February 26, 2020, 6:28 pm

Rust... how long are we gonna continue to make excuses for this guy??? He’s killing us with his offensive disappearing act.

How often are you going to post negative stuff after only 1 quarter played in a game?

wwshep, KMarsh86 and lying dog-faced pony soldier have reacted to this post.
wwshepKMarsh86lying dog-faced pony soldier

Zubac is the real "Unstatable One."  He never puts up huge counting numbers, but the team just looks so much better w/ him out there.  The offense runs smoothly thanks to his screens and rolls, and obviously his rim protection is huge for the defense. 

wwshep, John Maclean and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
wwshepJohn Macleanlying dog-faced pony soldierOodypkt
Quote from chogokin on February 26, 2020, 7:00 pm

Zubac is the real "Unstatable One."  He never puts up huge counting numbers, but the team just looks so much better w/ him out there.  The offense runs smoothly thanks to his screens and rolls, and obviously his rim protection is huge for the defense. 

Zu and Bev are both sneaky Clipper MVPs

chogokin and Oodypkt have reacted to this post.
chogokinOodypkt

Ayton is still feasting, but they're choking the life outta Devin Booker.

lying dog-faced pony soldier and Oodypkt have reacted to this post.
lying dog-faced pony soldierOodypkt

I hate to keep piling on like this, but seriously, Trez has been a hot pile of garbage tonight - no defense, no rebounding, and a bunch of careless TOs on offense.  It's amazing the Clips are up by 10 considering how lacking the bench has been tonight.

Quote from chogokin on February 26, 2020, 7:43 pm

I hate to keep piling on like this, but seriously, Trez has been a hot pile of garbage tonight - no defense, no rebounding, and a bunch of careless TOs on offense.  It's amazing the Clips are up by 10 considering how lacking the bench has been tonight.

Looks like he’s sick or something. Zero energy and making a bunch of boneheaded plays. We need to put Zu back in.

chogokin has reacted to this post.
chogokin
Quote from wwshep on February 26, 2020, 7:46 pm
Quote from chogokin on February 26, 2020, 7:43 pm

Looks like he’s sick or something. Zero energy and making a bunch of boneheaded plays. We need to put Zu back in.

With the way he's playing I'm totally fine giving the rest of his minutes tonight to JMG, MM, Zu, and even a sprinkling of Fi maybe.