The Clippers dropped its final preseason game to the Timberwolves, 128-100. Check out the game notes from this matchup in Ontario below.
Clippers vs. Timberwolves Game Notes
- Return of Pat Bev: As expected, Patrick Beverley’s return to LA (Ontario, really) was a focus on tonight’s match up. Also as expected, Beverley received a warm welcome from Clippers players, executives, and more. He ended up having the night off for rest, but was active on the sidelines all game.
- Clippers Resting & Enjoying Ontario: Although it looked like we might see Paul George and Marcus Morris, Sr. tonight, both ended up taking the night off, along with Reggie Jackson. Ty Lue ended up starting Eric Bledsoe, Luke Kennard, Terance Mann, Nicolas Batum, and Ivica Zubac. Like Beverley, however, Reggie spent must of the night on his feet — but, instead of acting like an additional coach, he was signing autographs for fans. Paul George spent some of his “rest” throwing shirts to the fans in Ontario.
- Aggressive Luke Kennard: Luke led the team in scoring with 18 points on 5/12 shooting from the field and 4/9 from three. What’s more, he looked more comfortable being aggressive and letting it fly when he had space to pull up. Check out his post-game interview here.
- Isaiah Hartenstein Continued to Impress: As Thomas wrote after last game, it looks like Hartenstein has locked up a spot on this roster. He finished with six points, five rebounds, three assists, and four blocks in just 11 minutes. Giles, on the other hand, only got six minutes. For what it’s worth, though, Coach Lue was noncommittal when asked about the third center spot.
- Youth Movement and Big Dunks: Keon Johnson, who played 12 minutes and went 3/5 from the field, once again showed his athleticism with an awesome finish off of a lob from Terance Mann:
Then, in the fourth quarter, Brandon Boston elevated for a nice dunk off of a Hartenstein pass:
That does it for our recap of the Clippers’ match up in Ontario. Check out the site and our podcast for more Clippers analysis in advance for the start of the season on October 21st!