Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Welcome Son of Yannick

What the F took so long?  Woj bomb.

thanks for making this, I still can't comment on the posts.  

Is this a rest of the season deal or a 10-day, seems like I've seen both?  Last summer of all the bigs available (including Dwight) I was in favor of Noah.  Not too such about this injury he had, but seems like a low risk option, and fits with the culture of this team.   He was great last year, but always worried me Memphis never bothered to bring him back.  

The big 2 reporters are(Woj, Shams) are saying 10 day, I assume if they like how it goes he'll get a rest of the year contract after the first 10 days.

I heard the injury was actually a torn Achilles, which explains why it took so long.  I can barely run on mine 10 months post-surgery.  These guys are machines coming back so soon.

Quote from TheGreatestShowman on March 6, 2020, 2:48 pm

I heard the injury was actually a torn Achilles, which explains why it took so long.  I can barely run on mine 10 months post-surgery.  These guys are machines coming back so soon.

indeed was an Achilles injury, Clippers have also been monitoring him all year

couldn't have been torn achillies, or no way he'd be ready to go by now, much less in November when he was reportedly "healthy.  Can you get like a bad achillies sprain?

Worried if he can be the same guy as last season, but it's a minimal risk to get a good look at him.  There is some speculation that this is more about next season, and having him part of the locker room already should they not be able to retain Trez.  Not sure I'd want to count on a 36 year old Noah to play Trez's role, but I get the worry about Trez's contract. 

Quote from osamu on March 6, 2020, 2:19 pm

thanks for making this, I still can't comment on the posts.  

Is this a rest of the season deal or a 10-day, seems like I've seen both?  Last summer of all the bigs available (including Dwight) I was in favor of Noah.  Not too such about this injury he had, but seems like a low risk option, and fits with the culture of this team.   He was great last year, but always worried me Memphis never bothered to bring him back.  

Currently its a 10 day contract. He will most likely sign a bigger contract in the future though.

Quote from osamu on March 6, 2020, 5:56 pm

Not sure I'd want to count on a 36 year old Noah to play Trez's role, but I get the worry about Trez's contract. 

Noah from 2 years ago couldn't fill current Trez' shoes, so I highly doubt this FO is dumb enough to think that Noah next year is gonna be able to.  Not sure what the end game is here, but it's the 15th roster spot, so why not I guess.

Yeah, he's 5 min a game stop-gap, injury insurance for this year only.  

Trez if replaced would be through the MLE or trade during the off-season.

Cuz Noah is too old. Noah is a huge step down from Trez. He's coming back from an injury.

Noah didn't rupture his achilles but he did cut it when he was carrying a stainless steel tub in September.

I don't think he will be playing too much in the postseason, but depending on the match ups and how healthy he looks I am a big fan of the signing and if nothing else he is an insurance policy/ 3rd center.

theres not even anymore postseason.

didn't hear about it?

Last I saw they were saying it's gonna be at least a 30-day hiatus.  I haven't seen anything about the season being straight up cancelled.

Oh at the time when I wrote the post, there was no update on when teh season would continue.