Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Playoffs general thread

Hey guys, thought it might be helpful to have a thread where we just discuss anything playoffs-related irrespective of whether it's actually Clippers-related.

I'll start - that Jazz-Nuggets game this morning was FIRE.  I was expecting Utah to get blown out w/o Conley and Bogdanovic, but they really should've won today's game.  Mitchell just wore down at the end and had a horrible 8 second violation that led to Jamal Murray catching fire. Here's hoping that that series goes 7 games, w/ OTs in all of them 😀

Thats a great idea, thanks for making the thread. I'm particularly interested in the Pacers/Heat series due to the Jimmy Butler and TJ Warren beef. But this year is going to be awesome especially because the Clips are looking at a deep postseason. Go Clippers!

I was interested in the Butler-Warren beef, but Jimmy Butler poured cold water all over that yesterday 🙁

I am still interested in seeing what Butler can do though, given how split we were as a fanbase regarding trying to sign/trade for him last year.

I honestly don't think their beef is over, I don't think TJ is a guy to let this go just like that.

Game one was awesome 🙂 I was impressed with Marcus Morris particularly. Not so impressed with Pat Bev in the second half. First half i liked the hustle. Didn't like that airball 3 and bricking both free throws in the last minute. (luckily Kawhi made his free throws to lock the game in) I also thought that last Paul George three was awesome. But man...Luka is going to be a big star in a few years. I think Luka has too much of a load on him right now. He needs another star. Someone better than Porzingis. I'm not sure if he will stay in Dallas unless if Dallas signs or trades for another star. But for Luka's first playoff game, it was incredible. I thought Kawhi played very well albeit the poor 3 point shooting. Keep up the awesome work Clips!!!

ORLANDOOOOOOOOOOOO 😀

Man I loved Tobias when he was a Clipper, but just watching the first couple games of the 76ers-Celtics series just reminds me of why we traded him away to begin with.  It's tough sledding when you pay two guys max money (i.e. Tobias + Horford) and neither of them are the type of player who can consistently get buckets on their own.

Quote from chogokin on August 19, 2020, 5:22 pm

Man I loved Tobias when he was a Clipper, but just watching the first couple games of the 76ers-Celtics series just reminds me of why we traded him away to begin with.  It's tough sledding when you pay two guys max money (i.e. Tobias + Horford) and neither of them are the type of player who can consistently get buckets on their own.

Facts, I like Tobi too, but without trading him we wouldn't have gotten Shamet and Zubac. Tobias's stats were a bit inflated with the Clips because he was the main scorer. I'm glad we didn't give him a max though

Seriously though, Donovan Mitchell. This guy is a beast

Donovan has taken it to another level in these two games

Looking at the stats of this 76ers game, I wouldn't be surprised if Joel Embiid wanted out. It would be nice to have an all star center albeit an injury prone one. I have no idea how it'll be possible to trade for him though. Would you trade for Embiid?

Quote from CLIPSCITY on August 19, 2020, 5:58 pm

Looking at the stats of this 76ers game, I wouldn't be surprised if Joel Embiid wanted out. It would be nice to have an all star center albeit an injury prone one. I have no idea how it'll be possible to trade for him though. Would you trade for Embiid?

We realistically can't trade for him, our assets cupboard is empty.

I know we can't, I was trying to spark a conversation 😀

If we're looking to pick at the carcass that is the 76ers this offseason I think we'd be better off looking at some of their role players like Korkmaz, Kyle O'Quinn, Glenn Robinson (he's a FA though), and Josh Richardson.  After seeing Al Horford and Tobias this postseason I don't think I want anything to do w/ those contracts, and the asking price for either of Embiid and Simmons is gonna be way too high for us unfortunately.

Korkmaz is interesting but I think if we add a bench wing this off-season we should go after a defender, not a sharpshooter.  Landry and Lou are both already great shooters.  I'd also prioritize a PG over a wing, since with Pat's age and injuries we are going to have this problem again next year.

Yea those are all valid points - I was just perusing the 76ers roster to build on Josh's trade conversation.  If we're looking for a backup PG who's strong on defense, then I'd love to see like Dante Exum, Elfrid Payton, Mudiay, or maaaaybe Michael Carter-Williams (it's really hard for me to get over his broken jumper though).

Although really, my ideal would be if Mann actually developed into a solid backup PG next year, as he'd be a nice fit for the "ballhandler w/ length" spot.

SGA is on track to become a star very soon, if he isn't already.

SGA is so, so good

This series has made me miss SGA even more than I already did.

True that, theres some times I feel like SGA would've done better in this series than George. I hope he recovers from his slump soon. Or else.