Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Coronavirus thread

2019-2020 season suspended.  Holy hell, guys. 

I was about to post this. I'm really upset

This was supposed to be the ClIPPERS SEASON. And Hopefully Rudy Gobert will be better.

And question. Chogokin what is a moderator? It seems to be that you are one.

As far as I can tell, it basically just means I now have the power to delete comments.  Which I absolutely will do, if/when a certain Lakers troll inevitably comes back.

But yea, of course this happens the season when the Clips have their best roster ever.  That being said, there are more important things than basketball, so I understand where the NBA is coming from w/ this - hell if I were a player I wouldn't want to play after finding out Gobert tested positive. 

Jazz were supposed to be "contenders" maybe. Now with Rudy Gobert out? Who knows. Might be the end of a promising career.

And I'm glad we have someone who can delete Laker trolls (aka Diop)'s comments. 

Oh. I guess he got banned. He's isn't on the list of members.

Quote from CLIPSCITY on March 11, 2020, 7:59 pm

Jazz were supposed to be "contenders" maybe. Now with Rudy Gobert out? Who knows. Might be the end of a promising career.

I sure hope not - I know COVID19 is more serious than the flu, but I sure hope it wouldn't end a career of a young dude who's in peak physical condition, and who has access to the best medical care money can buy.

Also I don't think I have the power to straight up ban people, but I can delete comments as a temporary measure at least - so if I see a ton of garbage during say a gamethread I can try to keep it to a minimum.  As a heads up, I don't plan on proactively deleting/censoring stuff - the crap that diop (and his other alt accounts) posted though was getting out of hand, so I'm glad the admins used the banhammer on him.

Quote from CLIPSCITY on March 11, 2020, 7:59 pm

I don't think he's going to miss any games.  He was the first positive case, but they need to wait to see if anyone else tests positive in the coming days, and are ordering a lot of teams to self quarantine.  I assume Gobert will probably be better before any games are played again.  The worry is this spreading throughout the league. 

I'm not worried about Gobert. Just like chogokin said, Gobert is in the best physical condition and enough money to get best medicine possible. I'm worried about everyone that's freaking out because  Gobert has coronavirus. I'm worried about the rest of the world that doesn't have money to get medicine or doesn't have a good immune system. I hope all the other players will be alright especially the Clippers   🙂 And Gobert was a bit stupid to touch every single microphone. 

And also because of this virus, I'm not sure but does the season continue next year (if they don't continue in a few weeks) and does the teams keep the same players?

Quote from CLIPSCITY on March 12, 2020, 8:29 am

And also because of this virus, I'm not sure but does the season continue next year (if they don't continue in a few weeks) and does the teams keep the same players?

As far as I can tell nobody has any idea what's gonna happen for the remainder of this season.  But even assuming the worst case scenario of the season being cancelled altogether, I don't see why contracts would be affected - as in, if you were scheduled to be a FA this Summer (e.g. Trez), I assume the NBA would honor that and you'd still be a FA whenever this season is over (either via play or via the NBA outright cancelling it).  We're in uncharted waters now though...