Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Clippers vs Rockets gamethread

Which pair will have the most points tonight?
Harden/Westbrook
Kawhi/PG13
Lou/Harrell

Hope they can keep the momentum rolling, especially w/ the Lakers coming up on Sunday

I think that with the rockets not having an actual center it would be nice for Ivica Zubac to get more minutes and dominate in the post. And with Montrez and his ankle, he should be under restricted minutes with the lakers coming up. Kawhi and PG should guard harden and Pat bev guarding russ. Lets see how this matchup turns up.

chogokin and CLIPPERZ have reacted to this post.
chogokinCLIPPERZ
Quote from CLIPSCITY on March 5, 2020, 4:16 pm

I think that with the rockets not having an actual center it would be nice for Ivica Zubac to get more minutes and dominate in the post. And with Montrez and his ankle, he should be under restricted minutes with the lakers coming up. Kawhi and PG should guard harden and Pat bev guarding russ. Lets see how this matchup turns up.

Zu legit is gonna have issues switching and getting out to the perimeter in this matchup - so to compensate we'd have to get him some touches inside on offense..  The thing is, I just don't see Doc doing that, and I'd bet that instead we're gonna wind up seeing more Patterson/JMG than we're used to.  

Jonee and CLIPPERZ have reacted to this post.
JoneeCLIPPERZ

Yea, I'd be worried about Zu on defense in this one.  Will be interesting how Doc handles it.  Generally I'm not in favor of like matching up to an opponent, but the Clips and their depth and probably one of the better teams to try and match up going small.  Even if Zu can't play, Trez is already a small ball center and can defend the perimeter.  Morris could easily play center in this game, and with the Clips depth, even if they go super small, they have plenty of high quality guys to throw out there.     

chogokin and CLIPPERZ have reacted to this post.
chogokinCLIPPERZ
Quote from osamu on March 5, 2020, 4:53 pm

Yea, I'd be worried about Zu on defense in this one.  Will be interesting how Doc handles it.  Generally I'm not in favor of like matching up to an opponent, but the Clips and their depth and probably one of the better teams to try and match up going small.  Even if Zu can't play, Trez is already a small ball center and can defend the perimeter.  Morris could easily play center in this game, and with the Clips depth, even if they go super small, they have plenty of high quality guys to throw out there.     

Yea, if I had to bet which is more likely between: a) Doc centering the offense around Zu to force the Rockets to match up and thus help offset Zu's defensive deficiencies, and b) hiding Zu by playing MM/Patterson/JMG/Trez more than usual, then I'd put my money on (b).  Not saying I think (a) is more/less effective than (b), but (b) is indisputably easier to implement than (a).

CLIPPERZ has reacted to this post.
CLIPPERZ

Pretty good start on both sides of the ball. Zu is doing everything he's supposed to.

chogokin, TheGreatestShowman and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
chogokinTheGreatestShowmanChrisDOodypktCLIPPERZ

Nice start.  I love this team.

chogokin, Jonee and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
chogokinJoneeOodypktCLIPPERZ

They really need to help MM when he gets switched onto Harden

CLIPPERZ has reacted to this post.
CLIPPERZ

He did fine next time down with the block.  Great 1st quarter.

chogokin, Kristjan Kotkas and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
chogokinKristjan KotkasOodypktCLIPPERZ

Jeff Green = no bueno.

chogokin has reacted to this post.
chogokin

Nice start so far, defense is fine

Oodypkt and CLIPPERZ have reacted to this post.
OodypktCLIPPERZ

Our D locked in tonight.

Oodypkt has reacted to this post.
Oodypkt

Trez feasting when they actually manage to get him the ball down low

I love Doc going back to Zu despite the small ball bs.

chogokin, ChrisD and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
chogokinChrisDOodypktCLIPPERZ

No one’s falling for your bullshit, Harden.

chogokin has reacted to this post.
chogokin

Mook!

ChrisD and Oodypkt have reacted to this post.
ChrisDOodypkt

Mook again!

chogokin, ChrisD and Oodypkt have reacted to this post.
chogokinChrisDOodypkt

To-tal domination.

chogokin and Oodypkt have reacted to this post.
chogokinOodypkt

For the second half:

ChrisD has reacted to this post.
ChrisD