Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Clippers vs Lakers game thread

Go Clips!!

Happy to see AD shoot 3s.  PG off to start.

Clips looking sharp! Was worried about the early start.

Need to win the non-Lebron minutes.

Where is everyone?  Y’all still asleep?

The Allen Brady payback game...

Late to the party - been watching, but didn't feel like commenting until now.  The strategy late in the 4th has been pissing me off.  If Lou isn't gonna touch the ball on offense, then why is he  even in the game?  There have been multiple possessions now where Lou has cost us like 10 points on defense by himself, and he isn't contributing points (because he hasn't taken any shots).  In a situation like this, Reggie would be a better option than Lou.

EDIT:  THANK YOU DOC, FOR FINALLY PUTTING BEV BACK IN FOR LOU.

Well that sucked...

Felt like Doc wasn't even trying to win in the 4th by keeping Lou in and not designing any plays to get the one person shooting well, PG, any shots. Kawhi was just off on his 3pt shot today but his midrange was perfect and only stopped cause he kept trying to shoot 3's. Beverley got outplayed by Bradley (will never happen again, I promise 95%), and Mook was just awful all around. We didn't play our game and still had the lead for more than half the game, the Lakers needed this win more than we did, and honestly losing shows us more of what we need to do for the playoffs against them than sweeping them in the regular season. So not a bad loss, just a bad feeling about the loss (cause it's them, but they are good). Not upset about all the pundits now switching to the Lakers bandwagon to win it all, we play best that way. 

Fakers shouldn’t feel goof that it took a near career game from AB to win.  Mook needs to show in big games.  Glad PG showed.

Quote from TheGreatestShowman on March 8, 2020, 3:43 pm

Fakers shouldn’t feel goof that it took a near career game from AB to win.  Mook needs to show in big games.  Glad PG showed.

Lakers should feel good that Doc is still our coach. Avery isn't why we lost. Doc's favoritism is why we lost. This is 100% on his obsession with the Lou/Trez duo at the expense of better players. Trez should never be clearing PG out to run isos or playing that many minutes in a row. Lou should never be on the court in clutch time with that "defense" he plays. It's not a coincidence that this game turned into a layup line for the Lakers with Zu on the bench for no reason.

Avery will probably never play like that again, but  Doc is going to keep relying on the Lou/Trez duo because they're his favorites. And we won't win anything of importance as long as those three are here.

4th quarter rotations have been a issue all season and all those cooks in the kitchen when healthy has done no favors

I would've liked to post this in the recap article but I'm still having issues logging in -_-

Anyways, Lou/Trez in the 4th is great.  Except when it isn't.  Trez was having all kinds of defensive lapses and failed box outs, but at least for a stretch he was getting to the line and bailing the Clips out on bad possessions.  Lou, on the other hand, barely took any shots and was brutalized on defense repeatedly.  Vogel recognized the mismatch (Lou on literally anybody), and Doc completely and utterly failed to adjust.  So basically, I understand Lou/Trez has worked for so long, but when it's not working (like today), Doc needs to recognize these things sooner and switch things up (I would've liked to see Bev or Reggie for Lou and maybe JMG in there for either of MM, who also had a complete dud of a game, or Trez) - I feel like making adjustments too late and questionable rotations are the same frustrating criticisms we've had of Doc since the Lob City days, and he just hasn't changed.

All that being said, on the bright side, it took an Avery Bradley career game, a complete disappearing act by Lou/MM, and a complete failure to adjust by Doc for the Lakers to win this - at least some of those can/will be fixed by the time the playoffs roll around.  Tough loss, but whatevers - on to the next game!

Clippers biggest advantage should be their shooting over the Lakers, so getting out shot from 3, you're not going to win these games.  The Lakers defense in this one was awesome, but Clips (particularly Morris) should've hit a few of those.  I always felt like Lakers strength is their interior defense with AD anchoring a scary defense around the rim.  Clips unable to hit their shots from outside, means they're playing right into the hands of the Lakers.   

Definitely also Lou and Trez in this one.  Reggie was playing pretty well, and could've used some more time.  Zu was killing them on the offensive boards, but barely saw the floor in the 2nd half.  Trez should not be trying to go iso, when you have Kawhi and PG both playing well.  

Lakers defense is sustainable, while we just pray that Clippers will shoot well. If it's not a red-hot shooting night, it's over. 

Lakers will probably win it all because Bucks can't win on the road and Giannis can easily get shut down in the Playoffs...

Lakers are so good... 

No they aren't good. They just tall

Quote from chogokin on March 8, 2020, 5:34 pm

I would've liked to post this in the recap article but I'm still having issues logging in -_-

Anyways, Lou/Trez in the 4th is great.  Except when it isn't.  Trez was having all kinds of defensive lapses and failed box outs, but at least for a stretch he was getting to the line and bailing the Clips out on bad possessions.  Lou, on the other hand, barely took any shots and was brutalized on defense repeatedly.  Vogel recognized the mismatch (Lou on literally anybody), and Doc completely and utterly failed to adjust.  So basically, I understand Lou/Trez has worked for so long, but when it's not working (like today), Doc needs to recognize these things sooner and switch things up (I would've liked to see Bev or Reggie for Lou and maybe JMG in there for either of MM, who also had a complete dud of a game, or Trez) - I feel like making adjustments too late and questionable rotations are the same frustrating criticisms we've had of Doc since the Lob City days, and he just hasn't changed.

All that being said, on the bright side, it took an Avery Bradley career game, a complete disappearing act by Lou/MM, and a complete failure to adjust by Doc for the Lakers to win this - at least some of those can/will be fixed by the time the playoffs roll around.  Tough loss, but whatevers - on to the next game!

AB was the game.  He averages 8 pts, so assuming an avg or sub-par game and we win. 

Doc can clean up the rest.

Quote from TheGreatestShowman on March 9, 2020, 10:34 am
Quote from chogokin on March 8, 2020, 5:34 pm

AB was the game.  He averages 8 pts, so assuming an avg or sub-par game and we win. 

Doc can clean up the rest.

AB was not the game. Doc was. He proved once again why he's the most overrated coach in sports history.